community service mission
At Uvita Surf and Service we provide community surf and service programs to enrich the experience of visiting groups by helping them connect with local people and culture. Working with the groups travel industry, we coordinate community outreach projects that provide a fulfilling volunteer experience for visiting groups.
We offer different optional programs for you selection, Including Surf, Service Volunteer & Adventure. On the other hand. if you want to create you custom package just let us know and we will be happy to create the best “Tico” experience of your life.
To provide a healthy, collaborative working environment to undertake needed community projects that are sustainable and enriching.
To provide opportunities for service learning, cultural exchange, awareness building and language enhancement.
To foster feelings of productivity, reflection, and self-development in students and the community.
The community determines the needs and organizes the project. These projects may include work on a structure or building, such as…
- A community center
- A shared kitchen
- A public sport court
- Gardens or greenhouses
Projects with the government or other local organizations:
- Work for the mayor: library, recreation center, etc.
- Work with parks, conservation corps, site maintenance, animal conservation, visitor center renovations, etc.
- Work with community organizations: senior citizens center, childcare centers, etc.
School Oriented Projects:
Work directly with local schools. These projects may include…
- Building classrooms: laying cement floors, building walls, etc.
- Building playgrounds
- Painting and creating murals
- Health, arts and crafts, or English lessons